HapkidoNetwork.com

Hapkido network and Hapkido forum: Make friends, share photos & more!

Hapkido is very hard to teach . Hapkido requires mature artist to be able to teach it properly. Thirdly many people have tried to incorporate it into other Art Forms like Tae Kwon do when they don't have a good enough bacis to even attempt to be come inovative because of the lack of understanding. Fourth to become a good hapkido instructor it requirers years of instruction. One ofthe contributors on the net replied that their is a difference between studying under a Master and teching it. He is absolutely right. In traditional Hapkido when one makes black belt he is considered to have mastered teh basics. Teaching and learning is to different things to be able to teach is another story you must be taught to teach a good program will incorporate this tecnique inits instruction program again requiring the understanding of a Master instructor. Finally becoming a master can not be brought it is when your student recognize you as a master. Again many practioner teach
Tae Know do because it sells. You can teach many more students and paythe bills. Tae Kwon Teachers run out of tecnique because Taekwon do don't get me wrong is effective hand s and feet but doen't have the complexity of the grappling styles like Hapkido . They are both Korean styles and therefore are kindred but Hapkido in it's developement has highly advanced grappling techniques. It continues to evolve and at it's best is a life time experience. To all who have studied under Sang hon Park /Ji Han Jae /Kwang Sik Myung/ Bo su Han and hundreds of other great Master remember circular motion the water principle and non resistance.
Remember the honor and dignity of these great men who comitted their lifes to the study and fortification of this great art form. We in american must get awayfrom the "quickie" Hapkido is not a "quickie or a side order. " At it's best is more than most can handle. Master Carlton Lundy to God be the glory"

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all,

Master Suh, Bok Sup; the first student of Choi Dojunim, is a Judo Black belt, and many of the techniques that were first taught were specifically to stop the Judo-ka from being able to do control and throw motions against Hapkido-in.

This art is only 64 years old, and the first student is still alive - nothing has been "lost" - so no one should ever fear that...

I hear lots of questions about "groundwork" - and many people (and I don't know how it is defined in this thread) - define it as MMA/UFC sport rolling about on the ground wrestling oriented stuff...this type of material, the wrestling type of groundwork is not part of Hapkido. 

Now, that does not mean that there are groups of people, like police that might not find a more protracted, less direct wrestling style somewhat useful, but when I am asked if we practice ground fighting, I tell them that in Hapkido, we do "ground finishing" - that is if I do end up on the ground we use techniques to finish the fight and return to our feet.

Hope this helps.

I like that term, ground finishing....  as with just about any art that is self defense oriented the last place you want to spend any time is on the ground, you just need to know what to do if you end up there and how to quickly regain your feet, after all if you have muliple attackers the ground spells defeat, injury or death.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Wael.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service